Attention art enthusiasts! The County of Los Angeles Public Library (aka the public library) is hosting its annual bookmark design contest again. (It's the 33rd year!) This year's theme is It Came From a Book! If you're interested in participating, create an original design, preferably relating to the theme, and submit it to Ms. Yukari by Friday, October 26. Alternatively, you can submit it directly to the Manhattan Beach library by Saturday, October 27.
Entry forms are available below or at the public library's website.
Guidelines are as follows:
- Draw a design about books or reading in dark blue or black ink only.
- Designs must be the original work of the artist.
- Bookmarks are judged on creativity, originality and neatness.
- Please, no cartoon characters, color, or pencil drawings.
- Artists must be in Kindergarten through 12th grade, or between the ages of 5 and 18 years old.
- Artists must live in Los Angeles County.
- Limit one entry per person.
- Entries become the property of the County Library.
Four students are chosen in each age category from all of the submissions. Categories are: Kindergarten~Grade 2, Grades 3~5, Grades 6~8, and Grades 9~12. Students whose design is chosen from the Manhattan Beach branch will receive a gift bag and will be invited to the December 18th City Council meeting to be congratulated. Results will be announced by November 6. Good luck, Riptides!